Keep up-to-date with the latest Promasidor news
Cowbellpedia Season 5: The Clash of Mathematical Titans
The mental fireworks for season 5 of the Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematics Television Quiz Show sponsored by Cowbell Milk, our flagship brand, started in February 2019, where over 56,073 Nigerian secondary school students sat for the pre-qualifying examination nationwide. The 56,073 students enrolled represents a 34% increase over the 2018 figure of 41,735 students.
The pre–qualifying examination was conducted in over 200 centres across Nigeria and after various screening processes for the second stage, 108 students emerged (54 students at junior and senior categories each), who will be featured on the Television quiz show.
Some interesting stats about the 2019 pre-qualifying examinations are highlighted below;
- 29,106 female registration achieved an increase of 35% vs 2018 – this supports the girl child education drive of Cowbellpedia
- A total of 15 students with a perfect score (100%) in the examinations represents the highest in the last 4 years
- 12 students in the junior category
- 3 students in the senior category
- A total of 11 returning students; returning students are those who had participated in the junior category of Cowbellpedia
The 108 mathematical titans of Cowbellpedia 2019, are jostling for the N2million winning prize and bragging rights as the ‘Best Mathematical Student’ in Nigeria.
The Cowbellpedia TV Quiz Show was produced in July 2019 and it has been serialized to run for 14 weeks; divided into nine preliminary groups, three semi-finals, a teacher’s edition and the grand finale coming up in November 2019.
The quiz show is broadcasted on DSTV African Magic channel (154), AIT network and other leading stations in Nigeria
Cowbell, Our Milk, is fortified with Vitamin B9, which aids brain development and has consistently supported Mathematics for over 20 years.